An old favorite makes a return to the 2013 Event Solutions Idea Factory. The Buffet Contest will showcase some of the most unique ideas in design, presentation, use of materials and WOW factor! Not since 2009 have we showcased the would creativity of buffet design, so we look forward to seeing what new and exciting concepts event professionals and caterers have to share.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The displays of this contest were featured at the Buffet/Boxed Lunch event on Monday March 11 at The Mirage and winners were selected by attendee vote.
1. Space for this contest is limited, so enter early! One contest entry per company or organization.
2. Catersource and Event Solutions may adjust these rules with notice to contestants at any time.
3. Contestants will receive one (1) complimentary ticket to the Boxed/Buffet Lunch. Additional participants must purchase a ticket (valued at $69/79).
4. Buffets and stations must fit in an area no larger than 10'x15'. The Catersource and Event Solutions staff will assign you a section of the room when you arrive. There is a 12' height limitation to all buffets.
5. Actual food menu items may not be used on the buffets. Food may not be used to portray your menu items. Food items may be used as props only. However, it should be clear where the catered food would be placed using serving pieces. You must place written signs on the buffet, or in a serving piece, as to what food would be used in a particular place.
6. Catersource and Event Solutions will provide any tables that The Mirage has in stock for your buffet. All other equipment and design elements including specialty tables, linens and floral are the contestant's responsibility. Electricity and sound is available for a fee from The Mirage.
7. Contestants must have at least one person attending the 2013 Idea Factory. Non-attendees may assist with set-up of the buffet.
8. Shipping: All contestants must complete and return the Advanced Shipping Information Form by March 1, 2013. All materials must arrive in Las Vegas no later than March 4th, 2013.
9. POV (Privately Owned Vehicles): Please use the provided map for delivery instructions if you plan to transport your own equipment to The Mirage.
10. The Buffet Building Contest schedule is as follows:
Load-in and Set-up: Sunday, March 10 - 7:00am - 6:00pm
Monday, March 11 - 6:00am - 11:00am
Buffet Viewing: Monday, March 11 - 12:00pm - 2:00pm
Strike and Load-out: Monday, March 11 - 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Tuesday, March 12 - 7:00am - 4:00pm
11. Best of Show winners selected by popular vote and winners will be announced at the Closing Session on Wednesday, March 13, 2013.
12. The Conference attendees will vote for their favorite using their voting ballot attached to their registration badge. Attendees will place this ballot in the voting box of their choice. An independent panel will collect and count the ballots in the presence of Catersource and Event Solutions to determine the winners.
13. Voting boxes with your company name will be at your buffet for attendee voting ballots. Please be aware that these boxes need to be displayed on your buffet.
14. Prizes are as follows:
First Place: $3500 cash, two (2) 2014 Catersource or Event Solutions Registration Certificates and a trophy
Second Place: $1500 cash, two (2) 2014 Catersource or Event Solutions Registration Certificates
Third Place: $500 cash, two (2) 2014 Catersource or Event Solutions Registration Certificates
15. Contestants agree to allow attendees to photograph and/or video their buffets. Catersource and Event Solutions are given permission to use photos and/or video of the buffets in Catersource and Event Solutions magazine or future Conference marketing.