A well thought out tabletop design will inspire guests, enhance a theme and be a key component to the overall success of any event. Pull out all the stops and show us your BEST tabletop design at the 2013 Tabletop Contest. Your tabletop design will have several opportunities to win:
Best in Show
2013 Tradeshow attendees will vote for their favorite tabletop display. Votes will be counted by an independent panel to decide the winner of this award.
A panel of industry experts will review and judge the tabletop designs in three categories:
Most Innovative (the unique use of materials)
Most Viable Concept (functional, practical design)
Most Creative (best implementation of a theme)
TUTERA'S PICK is back!
Visionary designer and event expert David Tutera will review each and every tabletop personally! He’ll review and comment on each tabletop, talk about what he likes in each design, then choose a winner for the coveted Tutera's Pick.
Winners of the 2013 Tabletop Contest will be announced on Wednesday, March 13 at the Closing Session of the 2013 Idea Factory. All winners will be featured in upcoming issues of Catersource and Event Solutions magazines.
ENTER THIS CONTEST WHEN YOU REGISTER FOR THE CONFERENCE ONLINE. Once we receive your registration, you will be contacted with further entry details and instructions. This contest is limited to 24 entries, only one tabletop entry per company and one contestant MUST be a Full Conference attendee. There is a $50 entry fee for this contest and tabletop builders will have the opportunity to meet David Tutera as he reviews your design (2 builders per tabletop).
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
1. Each display must consist of a table with seating for eight and fit within a 10’x15’ space with a 12’ height restriction. You may choose to design the entire space or just your tabletop.
2. A 72” Round or 8’ Long table and 8 chairs will be provided for your display from the Las Vegas Convention Center stock. All other equipment and design elements including specialty chairs or tables, linens and other design elements are the contestant’s responsibility. You must notify us in advance if you will be providing your own chairs and/or table.
3. Standard 5amp/120v electricity will be provided if requested. Any other electrical requirements are available from Freeman Exhibitor Services. Call 702.263.1404 and be sure to mention you are with the Tabletop Contest.
4. The space has cement floors and no carpeting will be provided. You are allowed to provide your own floor covering or you can order carpeting from Freeman (702.263.1404).
5. You may use any materials you want but vendors who are not official Conference Sponsors may NOT be visually or verbally promoted at this contest without written permission of Catersource/Event Solutions. You will be disqualified should the rule be broken.
6. Contestants that have products for sale are not permitted to promote or name their products. If you would like to sponsor the contest and promote your product, please contact Dave Pruka for opportunities and/or exhibiting information.
7. Actual food menu items may not be used on the Tabletop displays. Food items may be used as props only.
8. Wood voting boxes with your Tabletop name will be at your tabletop area for attendees to put their voting ballots into. Please be aware that these boxes need to be displayed in your display area beginning Wednesday morning.
9. All contestants must complete and return the Advanced Shipping Information Form by Monday, February 25, 2013 and materials must arrive in Las Vegas no later than Friday, March 1, 2013. Catersource and Event Solutions will cover all LVCC on-site drayage or material handling costs, but will not cover shipping costs.
10. POV (Privately Owned Vehicle) If you plan to transport your equipment in your own vehicle, you will be provided with loading instructions.
11. Attendees will be able to watch while you set-up on Tuesday between 11:00am-6:00pm during the Tradeshow. You may choose to set-up during Load-in, however, this may take away from attendee interaction on Tuesday.
12. Tabletops will be judged in three categories during the:
Best in Show is selected by popular vote. Conference attendees will vote for their favorite Tabletop during the Tradeshow on Wednesday from 9:00am - 2:00pm. Attendees will each be issued one ballot to place in the voting box of their choice, which will be counted by an independent panel.
Design Award winners are selected by a panel of industry experts. A first place winner will be awarded in each of three design categories: Most Innovative (the unique use of materials); Most Creative (best implementation of a theme); and Most Viable Concept (functional, practical design).
Tutera’s Pick: Industry expert David Tutera will review all entries and choose the winner of the Tutera’s Pick Award.
13. All winners will be announced at the Conference Closing Session on Wednesday, March 13, 2013.
14. Contestants must have at least one person in full paid attendance at the 2013 Catersource Conference or the Event Solutions Idea Factory and only one contest entry per company or organization is allowed. Non-attendees may assist with the setup of the display, but only paid attendees and a maximum of two (2) people may be present during judging by David Tutera.
15. Contestants agree to allow attendees to photograph and/or video their displays. Catersource and Event Solutions are given permission to use photos and/or video in Catersource and Event Solutions magazines and marketing.
16. Catersource and Event Solutions may adjust these rules with notice to contestants.
17. The only way to enter the contest is through online registration. Choose the “Enter Tabletop Contest” option when you register online. Entry fee is $50.
18. Exhibitors are not eligible to enter the Tabletop Contest.
19. Prizes: All winners will be featured in both Catersource and Event Solutions magazines. Prizes are as follows:
Best of Show: $1000 cash, 2 (two) 2014 Catersource or Event Solutions registration certificates and a trophy.
Design Awards: $500 cash, 2 (two) 2014 Catersource or Event Solutions registration certificates and a trophy for one winner in each category: Most Viable Concept, Most Creative and Most Innovative.
Tutera’s Pick: 2 (two) 2014 Catersource or Event Solutions registration certificates and a trophy.
In case of a tie, prize money will be split between winners.
20) The Tabletop Contest is taking place on the Tradeshow floor at the Las Vegas Convention Center, 3150 Paradise Road, Las Vegas, NV 89109. 702.892.0711.
Schedule is as follows:
Load-in & Set-up:
Sunday 3/10 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Monday 3/11 8:00am - 6:00pm
Tuesday 3/12 8:00am - 10:30pm (attendees can view set up)
Viewing & Voting:
Wednesday 3/13 9:00am -2:00pm
Wednesday 3/13 2:00pm - 10:00pm
Wednesday 3/13 2:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday 3/14 8:00am - Noon